COVID-19 has changed the landscape for Open Enrollment this year. Employers must adjust their strategy for reaching employees as in-person meetings are no longer likely. This will be the year of moving forward with virtual Open Enrollment. There are a lot of unknowns ahead, but there are many resources out there to help you move forward with a successful virtual Open Enrollment.
The new name of the game is virtual! Benefit fairs, info sessions, meetings, and even enrollment can be handled online with the right tools. There are an abundance of apps, programs, and messages that can provide the previously listed services in a virtual environment. Benefit fair options:
- The webinar video format allows a large number of employees to tune in.
- From there you can make an entire agenda of webinars like benefit overviews, specific changes to benefits, or any assortment of sessions based on your employee’s needs.
- Invite vendors via video to inform employees about the benefits being offered so they can answer any questions and provide more detail.
The key to making virtual enrollment work is having a communication strategy that keeps everyone on the same page. Make sure you’re organized, and employees know when meetings are happening and what platform to sign onto. You can use things like:
- Chatbots to answer general questions
- 1:1 video with an enroller
- Email campaigns
- Texting campaigns
Another helpful virtual tool for employees is to have an online repository of important documents like benefit guides, informational pamphlets, important notices, and the like. All these documents can be stored in one place so that employees can easily access them when needed.
Through careful planning and research, you can make this year’s virtual Open Enrollment a breeze for your employees.