This statement applies to products administered by FBMC Benefits Management, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including VISTA Management Company (collectively “FBMC”). FBMC takes your privacy very seriously. As a provider of products and services that involve compiling personal-and sometimes, sensitive-information, protecting the confidentiality of that information has been, and will continue to be, a top priority of FBMC. This Privacy Statement explains how FBMC handles and protects the personal information we collect. Please note that the information we collect and the extent to which we use it will vary depending on the product or service involved. In many cases, we may not collect all of the types of information noted below. Note this Privacy Statement is not meant to be a Privacy Notice as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
FBMC’s privacy statement is as follows:
- We collect only the customer information necessary to consistently deliver responsive services.
FBMC collects information that helps serve your needs, provide high standards of customer service, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. The sources and types of information collected generally varies depending on the products or services you request and may include:
- Information provided on enrollment and related forms – for example, name, age, address, Social Security number, e-mail address, annual income, health history, marital status, and spousal and beneficiary information.
- Responses from you and others such as information relating to your employment and insurance coverage.
- Information about your relationships with us, such as products and services purchased, transaction history, claims history, and premiums.
- Information from hospitals, doctors, laboratories and other companies about your health condition, used to process claims and prevent fraud.
- Under Federal Law you have certain rights with respect to your protected health information.
You have rights to see and copy the information, receive an accounting of certain disclosures of the information and, under certain circumstances, amend the information. You also have the right to file a complaint with your Employer or with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
III. We maintain safeguards to ensure information security. We are committed to preventing unauthorized access to personal information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards for protecting personal information. We restrict access to personal information to those employees, insurance companies, and service providers who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
- We limit how, and with whom, we share customer information.
We do not sell lists of our customers, and under no circumstances do we share personal health information for marketing purposes. With the following exceptions, we will not disclose your personal information without your written authorization. We may share your personal information with insurance companies with whom you are applying for coverage, or to whom you are submitting a claim. We will share personal information of VISTA 401(k) participants with the plan’s recordkeeper. We also may disclose personal information as permitted or required by law or regulation. For example, we may disclose information to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or regulator, in response to a subpoena, or to prevent fraud. If you no longer have a customer relationship with us, we will still treat your information under our Privacy Statement, the words “you” and “customer” are used to mean any individual who obtains or has obtained an insurance, financial product or service from FBMC that is to be used primarily for personal or family purposes.